Incubator of Local Products – 18 August 2019
The field visit was led to the Incubator of Local Products by the AGROINNOECO project technical staff, Ms. Elida Boshnjaku. The aim of the visit was to meet incubator staff and learn about its functioning, promote Agroinnoeco project being implemented by CCIT, establish communication and look for the possibilities of cooperation.
The field visit included:
- general presentation of the incubator, and its role
- learning experience about the incubator and local products of Permet area
- discuss about the concept and the potential of innovation
- general presentation of Agroinnoeco project in agrofood sector
- visit to the inside sites of the incubator
- shopping store
- line of grappa production
- line of cutting and drying fruit and vegetables.
- storage rooms of local products
During the visit, technical staff got acquainted that the incubator construction was made possible by CESVI organization in the framework of the TREC project funded by AICS and by funding support of The Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development (through AZHBR). The incubator got inaugurated on 20 November 2018 opening the doors as the first incubator in Albania for the local products such as dried fruits and vegetables and traditional grappa (known as raki) for the area of Permet, providing a common space to the local farmers to process and certify their products according to the market demands and food safety standards guaranteeing access to the market.
The incubator would also:
- communicate information to interested persons in local products
- help to understand the standards
- promote and sell of products
- encourage farmers (including new ones) to produce products.
- facilitate processing by providing various services to the farmers (shared facilities and equipment, reach standards etc.)
- promote growth and investment, employment as well.
The field visit was really interesting and meanwhile Ms. Elida Boshnjaku made a general presentation of the AGROINNOECO project, summarizing the project idea which is the identification, maturing & promotion of innovative entrepreneurial ideas in Agri-food sector.
Finding several similarities in the activities of Incubator and Chamber, aroused interest between each other to continue and extend communication and look for possibilities of cooperation in the respective future activities.