INNOVATION CONTEST IN AGRI-FOOD CALL FOR PROPOSALSCCIT
The contest is being held simultaneously in all 4 regions participating in the AGROINNOECO project, namely Albania, Bulgaria, Cyprus and Greece (Western Greece).
The invitation is addressed to both existing and potential food business operators:
- Existing entrepreneurs will be supported to develop innovative ideas that will expand their current business activities.
- Potential entrepreneurs will be supported to develop a business plan based on their business idea.
Aim of the project AGROINNOECO is to determine a methodology that will facilitate the transfer of innovation in the agri-food industry of the participating regions through the creation of a training and networking process and support for innovative entrepreneurship.
This structure is based on a network of regional innovation mechanisms that will be developed in all the regions involved in the project. Each regional innovation mechanism will offer services such as:
- Identification of innovative business ideas by young and existing entrepreneurs.
- Evaluation of Innovative Business Ideas
- Maturation of business ideas
- Preparation of business plans for their implementation
Proposals are submitted electronically via the project website www.agroinnoeco.eu. The application form is in English.
Proposals will be evaluated on the basis of five evaluation criteria, which are as follows:
- Applicability of the idea to the reference area
- The degree of integration of the idea into the agri-food sector
- The abilities of the individuals involved
- The level of innovation of the idea
- Verification of the problem and its solution (feasibility and viability of the idea)
Proposals will be evaluated by independent expert panels covering public administration, academic and research bodies, young innovative entrepreneurs, financial actors / investors and business representatives.
The 15 best proposals selected by country will be integrated into the pre-incubation process developed within the project and will be supported through an interactive learning and training experience to develop a business plan based on their business idea.
At the same time, they will be able to get in touch with existing incubator businesses and other means to network and expand their innovative business culture.
Lastly, it is planned to present and promote innovative entrepreneurs in B2B meetings with potential investors in the PATRAS IQ 2019 know-how transfer exhibition.
The deadline for submitting proposals is 13/12/2018 at 23:59.
The AGROINNOECO project is co-funded by the European Union (ERDF) and the National Resources of the Balkan Med Program Countries (www.interreg-balkanmed.eu).
The local contacts: