Name of the project: Innovative Cross Border Tourism SMEs Cluster
Project Acronym: INNOTOURCLUST
Project Duration: 24 months
Programme Priority: Strengthening the cross-border cooperation and competitiveness of SMEs
Programme Priority Specific Objective: Enhance the framework conditions for the development of SME’s cross- border market.
Lead Partner: Chamber of Commerce of Lecce (IT)
- Department of Management, Economics, Mathematics and Statistics, University of Salento (IT)
- Autonomous Agency for Hospitality and Tourism of Termoli (IT)
- National Tourism Agency (AL)
- Chamber of Commerce and Industry, Tirana (AL)
- National Tourism Organisation of Montenegro (ME)
IT-AL-MO area is affected by direct and indirect consequences of the global economic crisisSMEs play a crucial role for growth and job creation, but their competitiveness has a limited exploitation of international tourism opportunities. In this context the project aims to promote networking growth and to strengthen specific skills of the SMEs in the eligible area. The overall project’s objective is the improvement of the competitiveness, cooperation of IT-AL-MO SMEs through the creation and implementation of one innovative cross-border tourism cluster (INNOTOURCLUST) focused on the integration and training of local economic operators for a better and innovative match of local enterprises with international tourism industry. The expected change is an innovative way to look at tourism industry. Tourism business should be more organized and integrated with local SMEs (agriculture, fisheries, sea-based services, handicraft, Ho.re.ca, eco-sport and social organizations) in order to meet the growing international “tourism experiences” demand and putting the tourists in touch with local enterprises and producers.
The main overall objective of the project:
The main objective of the project is the improvement of the competitiveness and cooperation of IT-AL MO SMEs through the creation and implementation of an Innovative Cross-Border Tourism Cluster focused on the integration and training of local economic operators for a better and innovative match of local enterprises with international tourism industry.
Project Specific Objective:
- Fostering the cooperation and agreements among local SMEs through the creation of the INNOTOURCLUST cross–border cluster
- To qualify local SMEs fostering digital tools and training support to cluster members and business institutions
- Improvement of long term business connections between INNOTORCLUST SMEs and international tourism market
Main activities according to the Work Packages:
- Wp P Preparation and Closure
- Wp M Management
- Wp T1 Implementation
- Wp T2 Implementation
- Wp T3 Implementation
- Wp C Communication
Project’s main results:
- Enhanced economic cross border cooperation and increased competitiveness through a better interaction among local stakeholders and enterprises.
- Better matching between international tourism demand and local SMEs offering innovative products and services.
- Strengthened and empowered international promotion system of local SMEs and business institutions.
- 1 Innovative Cross Border Tourism SMEs Cluster
- n8 business agreements and pilot initiatives among SMEs
- 4 INNOTOURCLUST workshops for SMEs.
- 4 INNOTOURCLUST B2B events
- 1 INNOTOURCLUST capacity building digital labs format for business support organizations
Project Manager: Ms. Meggi Zhugli